Learn how to make a string figure jacobs ladder with this string figure animation.
The eskimos do it, pygmies in Africa do it, South Sea islanders do it, Native Americans do it, Europeans do it. In some cultures performing string figures are play for both children and adults, in others they are connected with religion, story telling or magic. String figures are made around the world; hundreds of patterns have been recorded.
1. Opening A.
2. Release thumbs.
3. Pass thumbs under all strings and return with the far little finger string.
4. Pass thumbs over top and return with far index finger string.
Animation of Jacob's Ladder 5. Release little fingers.
6. Pass little fingers over the index string and pick up from below the far thumb string. Return to position.
7. Release thumbs.
8. Pass thumbs over both index strings and return with the near little finger string.
9. With the right index and thumb, pick up the left near index string and move it over the left thumb.
10. Again with the right index and thumb, pick up the lower near thumb string and move it to the far side of the thumb.
11. Repeat 9 and 10 for the right hand.
12. Dip each index into the triangular space between the thumb and index.
13. Release the little fingers.
14. Rotate hands away from you, straightening your index and extending the figure.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.