Noah Scalin—proprietor of the web famous Skull-A-Day project—has teamed up with LEGO engineer/artist Clay Morrow to provide instructions for Scalin's LEGO skull first posted back in '08. Rendered with LDView, Morrow dissected the original piece and put together full instructions (including a parts list) now available as a free downloadable PDF.
For those who haven't heard of Skull-A-Day, the project is an effort by Scalin to create a one skull per day for the duration of an entire year. First started back in '07, the project has extended to a 5-year-long effort, with the specific challenges varying yearly (though all skull-related, of course). This year, Scalin has challenged himself to create 100 skull paintings throughout the duration of 2011.
If you find yourself bitten by the "skull bug", Morrow's LEGO project is a good starting point! For more inspiration, scroll down for a selection of Scalin's past works.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades