Do you have too many rubber bands cluttering your desk? Gather them together into a rubber band ball!
You Will Need
* At least 50 rubber bands
* A sheet of paper (optional)
* Tin foil (optional)
* A marble (optional)
Step 1: Start the core
To get your rubber band ball started, you need to make a core. To do this, take one rubber band and twist it in half. Then twist it in half again.
Step 2: Finish the core
To finish the core, tightly wrap a second rubber band around it until the two are stable.
If you have trouble getting the two rubber bands started, you can crumple a sheet of paper or tin foil into a ball or even begin your rubber band ball with a small marble.
Step 3: Start wrapping
Take your third rubber band and wrap it around your core.
Step 4: Repeat
Repeat until you run out of rubber bands.
Step 5: Tie bands together
To create a ball that fills your friends with awe, you may need to tie rubber bands together to fit around the increasingly large sphere.
Step 6: Bounce!
Whether your rubber band ball is palm sized or basketball sized, you'll enjoy bouncing it around your office. It's much more fun than pesky rubber band clutter!
Fact: In 2006, Oregonian Steve Milton became the first professional rubber band ball maker.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades