Lava lamps are cool and retro, but they can be expensive and there is a risk of fire if you leave them unattended and they tip over accidentally. By using this tutorial by Shooting Eggs, you can make your own light up bubble tube using materials you might already have around the house, and it will be safer and a whole lot cheaper than the kind you'd buy. Make one of these babies, and your 1966 love den will be all ready to go.
A Perspex tube
A sheet of Perspex
1. Cut out three circles of Perspex.
2. Drill a hole about the size of your finger into one of the Perspex circles.
3. Use the hacksaw to cut one of the Perspex tubes in half.
4. Glue the circles onto either end of one of the tubes, with the circle with a hole in the middle. Glue the two tubes together.
5. Fill half of the tube with glue or shower gel.
6. Glue the last of the perspex circles on the other end of the tube, checking to make sure the seals are tight.
7. When you're sure it's dry, turn it upside down, place the flashlight on top and enjoy the bubble show. Now you have your very own lava lamp/chemlight.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.