Fingerboards are miniature skateboards that have become popular collectibles. They first hit stores in the 1970s, and today there are fingerboarding contests, fairs and workshops all over the world. You can buy fingerboards, or you can get creative and make them yourself. In the following video, you'll learn how to make fingerboards using simple index cards.
Sandpaper spray painted black
A tech deck fingerboard
A tech deck tool
1. Trace the tech deck (including holes) onto the index cards six times and cut them out. Use the tech deck tool to punch out the holes in the tracings.
2. Glue the index card tracings together and then use the tech deck tool to punch through the holes again. Carefully bend it at the ends.
3. Paint your index card fingerboard.
4. Trace the fingerboard onto the black sandpaper and cut it out. Glue the sandpaper cut-out onto the fingerboard as a grip.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades