Turn that dusty old tome into something you will actually use – a sneaky stash for your best stuff.
You Will Need
* A hardcover book
* A paper clip
* White craft glue
* A foam brush
* A spacer
* A weight
* A straightedge
* A heavy-bladed craft knife or box cutter
Select a hardcover book at least 1½ inches thick. Open the book and bind the first 10 or 20 pages with a paper clip.
Mix the white craft glue with water. Using a foam brush, apply the mixture to the edges of the non-clipped pages, holding them tightly together.
Use a spacer to separate the glued pages from the clipped pages and allow 30 minutes to dry. Add the weight to keep the pages flat.
Open the book to the first glued page and, using your straight edge, draw a rectangle, leaving a half- inch border around the edges.
Cut along the lines using your craft knife or box cutter. Cut the pages until you reach the back cover. This may take a while because you'll need to remove pages in sections.
Glue felt to the bottom and edges of the compartment for a more finished look.
Apply the glue mixture to the inside edges of the cut pages and reapply to the outside edges to seal your secret compartment.
Fact: The Bible is the bestselling book of all time.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades